Friday, February 3, 2017

My College effect
Alexander Gales


             Hey guys, today I am going to steer away from the whole skateboarding thing and talk to you guys about college. As a sophomore at a private school, colleges are looking at us as soon as we set foot in high school which reminds us that we need to have our mind set on the future. As we continue to work on our project it is always good to keep in mind the effects this project will have on us, big and small. College is at wide field of knowledge and there are endless topics to study. Whatever one may be doing in early life could foreshadow what they could be doing in college and/ or our adult lives. This genius hour project enables us to demonstrate our inner passions and help others in some physical or mental form. As we quickly approach college, having a solid resume is key and what would be better than to say you helped a huge charity... or even started one. From teaching kids to skate, to starting a book club, everything has an effect. Even though there have been complications in this project, I am thankful I have the opportunity to learn something new and to hopefully apply the lessons I learned in college and then my life, the things that impact one the most are usually undetected. one never knows what colleges could be looking out for. I would personally like to give thanks to Mrs. Jaynes for helping me realize that anything can affect your college life, even teaching kids to skate.

No comments:

Post a Comment